Outreach and Consultation
The Counseling and Wellness Center offers a variety of outreach programs to the campus community on topics related to mental health and well-being.
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Coping with depression and suicidality
- Improving sleep
- Building social connections
- Regulating emotions
- Developing coping skills and resilience
- …and lots more!
Types of Outreach
- Panel discussions
- Campus events
Request an Outreach Program or Service
The Counseling and Wellness Center welcomes requests for outreach programs and collaboration with campus partners. Please submit the online Outreach Request Form below and we will do our best to meet your needs!
Our ability to respond to requests may be impacted by factors such as: current demand for services, time of the quarter, and availability of staff to present on a given topic.
Please note the following when requesting an outreach program:
- Provide at least 2 weeks’ notice.
- Provide several possible dates/times for the intended program.
- Advertise and promote the program (as appropriate)
- *All requests for interviews or comments from a reporter must first be routed through the Office of University Communications. Counseling Center staff are unable to respond to requests from reporters until this step is completed.
Consultation often takes the form of providing information or resources, supporting students/faculty/staff, and providing guidance around particular topics or issues. Examples of consultation include:
- Providing information about mental health resources
- Offering guidance to faculty/staff around supporting students and colleagues
- Leading a debrief/discussion related to local, national, or global events
To request a consultation service, or if you have any questions, email Chris Edwards, Outreach Coordinator.
While an extension of Counseling and Wellness Center services, outreach and consultation is not a form of treatment. Attending an outreach and/or consultation program does not mean you are a client of the Counseling and Wellness Center.